I tell them how they can get ahead again and again
By making a temporary investment in current living
I wonder do they listen at all
Maybe not, because when in trouble,
they know on someone they can call
Or do they listen and just can’t execute
Because the plan of action is too hard for them to do
The plan of action, I don’t want to keep repeating
Because I just wanna encourage, but not push them
But at what point does encouragement becomes pushing?
Is it when they become defensive or angry at what you say?
Just about everyone wants to do things their own way
And even though their way doesn’t lead to better conditions
Regarding change, they are reluctant to listen
Be sure encouragement is for right reasons
Like fulfilling their potential or and dreams
Instead of what you plan or want for them
An even if they disappoint or don’t get far
Love them for who they are
As God has His purpose for their life.
1 Thessalonians 5:11
Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.
When depression seems like it wants to stay in my mind
God comes through just in time
There’s a root cause for depression and sadness
Like something that’s needed but’s lacking in life
Or, something bad happened that’s causing strife
Or, something that is just not right
What’s lacking doesn’t come suddenly
The thorns jab at me periodically
Just as it becomes unbearably
God sends flickers of hope just in time for me
It lets me know God’s grace is sufficient
And He has my best interest in mind.
Something was bothering Paul. He prayed for it to go away. But presumably God just made Paul able to tolerate the situation. Sometimes problems don’t go away. But before they drive us crazy, God sends some sort of relief.
Scripture reference: 2 Corinthians 12:9 … My grace is sufficient for thee; for my strength is made perfect in weakness…
One quiet afternoon my mind started to drift on all the things I don’t have
And how much smaller my circle is due to the many who have gone on to rest in peace
Then something told me to make a list of the blessings I do have
And the new acquaintances in the circle with me
The mind likes to drift on negativity
Don’t let the mind dwell on the negative things (1)
Do think about your own acts of kindness and good deeds (2)
Don’t let hopelessness prevail (3)
Do focus on the blessings you already have (4)
Don’t focus on your circle size (5)
Do know God loves ya and somebody else loves ya in this life. (6)
1)Proverbs 15:13 A merry heart maketh a cheerful countenance: but by sorrow of the heart the spirit is broken.
2) Acts 9:36 Now there was at Joppa a certain disciple named Tabitha, which by interpretation is called Dorcas: this woman was full of good works and almsdeeds which she did.
3) Romans 15:13 Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.
4) Philippians 4:11 Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.Matthew 13:31 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is like to a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and sowed in his field:
5) Matthew 13:32 Which indeed is the least of all seeds: but when it is grown, it is the greatest among herbs, and becometh a tree, so that the birds of the air come and lodge in the branches thereof.
6) John 15:12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.